Monday, September 28, 2009

Settling in the the ROUTINE....





Time is on fast forward it seems these days! Keith is getting ready for mid-term exams, the kids are done their 4th week of school and fall is thinking about coming. It turned much cooler the past couple days and what a relief from the humidity- although I've been told that this year was quite mild for that sort of weather. It sure can rain here.

Keith is thoroughly loving his studies and time with fellow students. We continue to meet wonderful people and get to know friends better. It will be hard to say good bye to two families as the dads are graduating December and moving on... I guess that is the way if goes with Seminary. We'll have a full address book when we leave SBTS!

School for the kids is getting more routine, but what a big amount of work goes into every week. I am pleased to see our three loving learning and sharing that around the dinner table every night! I am getting used to pressing uniforms and marking math papers too.

I am almost finished my first Seminary Wives course called Biblical Worldviews. It has certainly challenged my mind as I do not consider myself the "deep thinker" in the family. My teacher is Dr. Mohler- the president of SBTS. Last week all seminary women were invited to Mrs. Mohler's for dessert and a tour of Dr. Mohler's library.... Okay- my husband has many books, but not even close to Dr. Mohler!! I'm hoping Keith will not get a future invite so that he can be inspired to acquire more reading material. Yikes.

This week Keith's mom and dad are coming to get the truck and trailer. The kids (and their parents) are really excited to have them come. It has been exactly 2 months since we left- long enough without a Grandma hug! I'm hoping that we can find a some couches to sit on before they go- the mini van will be tricky for transporting furniture!

I guess that Louisville will feel like home in time. For now we are so busy I don't have time to think about what home really means! We are incredibly thankful for the church we have joined and the friendships here. Last Friday night we had family fun night with the Gordon family- Marsh-mellow guns, chocolate games, Cranium, hide and seek in the dark and mini NZ movies were enjoyed by all. We also had a NZ fish dish cooked by Tania and PAVLOVA... so good.

Say hi to the mountains at home! Enjoy all the colours and changes....
Teresa

No comments: