Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tears and more tears....




Today was the big pack up! Our little rental town house is mostly empty and now has the echo..... The kids are on the floor on in sleeping bags and Keith and I are "camping" a bit with an air-bed. The "moving crew" (aka Dave Ruth Mike Candace Keith and me) had to begin dinner with an appropriate dose of Ibuprofen, and are all ready for some well deserved sleep. My mom and dad sure know how to move and pack. I'm still deciding if moving is a skill that I want to get even better at..... at this moment in time the answer is NO!

The tears have been on tap for a few days now. It is awfully hard to say good bye to home. Keith has lived here all his life except for the 5 years at university. I have been here since Keith brought me all the way out to the country from the city in 1995! We have amazing friends and wonderful family. The other night Luke had to say good night to his cousins and he just started crying because he thought it was time to say the final good bye. I can't think about saying good bye to grandparents without tears. One would think the water would run out---- apparently not yet!

We still have a several good byes to get through- I have one dear friend who just avoids me--- she detests the whole leaving thing! I will probably cry when we sell the van too- We have driven that Honda Odyssey for 10 years exactly! Keith bought it new July 31, 1999- the only rules with the new van was that I had to drive it for 10 years and I had to fill it! Now it is exactly 10 years and I have done my part with the filling- maybe not all with kids- but that van has moved a whole lot of interesting things!

Prayers are much appreciated. We have 3500 kms to drive this week and in all the busy times we have not figured out each detail of the driving trip. We have lots to figure out when we get to Kentucky too....

Love to all at home.... You are going to be missed!!!!

No comments: